IRSA-BKF Paper Awards on Institution, Health and Regional Economic Growth
The best 3 paper for BKF awards:
- Healthcare for the Poor: An Impact Evaluation of PBI JKN Social Health Insurance on Healthcare Utilization. @Mochamad Thoriq Akbar (1); Syamsulhakim, Ekki (1); Setiawan, Agung (2); Siregar, Adiatma Yudistira Manogar (1) 1: Universitas Padjadjaran, Indonesia; 2: The National Team for the Acceleration of Poverty Reduction (TNP2K), Indonesia.
- The Impact of Pandemic Covid-19 to the Dynamics Employment Situation in Indonesia. Prayasta, I Gede Heprin (1,3); Putra, Ketut Ksama (2,3); Brayoga, I Putu Ryan (2) 1: BPS Statistics Bangli, Indonesia; 2: BPS Statistics Bali, Indonesia; 3: Master Student at The Graduate School of Economics, (FEB) Udayana University.
Local Budget Resilience in Times of Covid-19 Crisis: Evidence from Indonesia.
Desdiani, Nauli Aisyiyah; Sabrina, Syahda; Husna, Meila; Cesarina, Amalia; Razak, Fachry Abdul. LPEM FEB, Universitas Indonesia.
Research paper topics that will be considered for this award should discuss an issue related to the impact of institutional quality and health performances on regional economic growth. Particular attention is given to those discussing these issues related to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Such topics could be, but are not limited to:
- The roles of national or local institutions in improving regional standard minimum health services and development
- The effectiveness of local health services in accelerating regional development
- The impacts of health fiscal budget on inducing regional competitiveness and economic growth
- Local government creative financing schemes in strengthening and improving delivery of health services
- Community support on improving institutional quality and health service proficiency.
The selected papers will receive Rp. 2,000,000.- per paper and an opportunity to present at the IRSA-BKF special session on Institution, Health and Regional Economic Growth. In addition, the authors will be given the option to have their works published in the BKF-MOF accredited journal, Kajian Ekonomi dan Keuangan (http://www.fiskal.kemenkeu.go.id/ejournal/index.php/kek) or in the IRSA Book Series on Regional Development.
Soon after the first COVID-19 case was detected in Jakarta on 2 March 2020, the pandemic spread throughout various regions in the country. By mid 2020, there was no province in Indonesia without any COVID-19 cases. This pandemic outbreak not only shocked the on-going social and economic activities in many regions, but also revealed the weakness of institutional quality and health services in many parts of the country. The inability of many (both governmental and non-governmental) institutions in coordinating and encouraging communities to quickly adopt behaviours needed to prevent the spread of the virus was seen during the first year of the pandemic. Low quality of health facilities and services have also been reported in various regions of the country.
This pandemic, on the other hand, provides an opportunity for Indonesia to strengthen its institutions, both government and civil societies and both national and local institutions, as well as to build up better quality of health services throughout the country to protect the country from future pandemic outbreaks and to sustain the country’s economic development. For this, new ideas and innovations based on solid research are needed and these ideas need to be discussed and distributed to greater audiences.
In order to gather more ideas and innovations on how to strengthen institution, health and regional economic growth, Universitas Gadjah Mada, IRSA and BKF-MOF are collaborating to invite scholars to submit papers on these issues, particularly those related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
How to Apply?
All papers related to the topics mentioned above that are submitted for presentation at the 16th IRSA International Conference will be considered for these IRSA-BKF Paper Awards. Four papers will be selected as winners. The papers should be presented at the Conference and all the terms and conditions of the IRSA Conference will apply to all applicants, i.e. paying registration fee etc.
- Deadline for submitting an abstract: 4 April 2021
- Deadline for submitting the full paper: 21 June 2021
- Notification of Winners: 13 July 2021
Extended paper abstract of about 500 words should be submitted online via http://www.conftool.com/irsa2021 by 4 April 2021. Abstract should consist of background, data and methodology, potential contributions, and keywords. Abstracts must be submitted in English, as also the full paper.